Monday, October 12, 2009

Mount Kinabalu



The scruffy man is home. He was in Borneo for the weekend.















To climb this.















With his buddy Chris who is in town on "business"
















Up half way one day. Bunk on the mountain for the night. Up the rest of the way for sunrise (with only mild altitude sickness and snowy winds). Then back down the next day.















My turn is next. Anyone want to go? Cheryl? April P.?


8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Justin and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu 9 years ago. It wasn't easy, especially since half the climb is on wooden stairs! Hope you get to go!!

cheryl said...

I would love it! Let's get it planned. It looks like they had a great trip.

cheryl said...

I just saw tickets for $80 round trip too but then another website is having a friend flies free deal so we'll have to look into it. I'll try and get those pics you took with my phone at the turtle museum uploaded tonight and email them to you.

Gina and Jon said...

I would go with you in two seconds that looks super sweet. You guys have so many adventures right next to you which you have got to be loving! Miss you.

Ted and Leslie said...

That is so amazing! I am happy to see you guys taking advantage of this opportunity to do some pretty incredible things - what a great adventure. We love you guys.

Rebecca said...

I am so sure you didn't ask us if WE wanted to go. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That looked very cool. What a memory.

barb said...

wow - impressive climb - so did you really want to go yourself?

indymartin said...

WAGNER!!! E-mail me, I have to hear your story!!!!


Micah Martin
mjmartin@uci.edu