Tuesday, January 8, 2013

to the big school


It is time. Today Gage starts at the big school. 

He knows the place well. He's been back and forth and all around that school for the last 2 1/2 years. Having a big brother is definitely an advantage. 

But now its his turn.  
 
 

Last night we had a special family dinner before they both went back to school. The boys got to choose anywhere they wanted. They chose Din Tai Fung. We talked about what it means to be a Wagner while they gobbled up their pork dumplings leaving the xiao long bao for me. "I know, Mom" is what they would say in between mouthfuls. Good, I'm glad they know. 


Gage wanted to wear his stripy socks and his soccer shoes and comb his hair himself. 

   
After a big and I mean long break from school everyone was ready to go back. 


Gage has been begging to ride the school bus with Noah since the first day that big blue bus pulled up to the condo. His first day of kindergarten was no exception. He was so excited to ride that bus.

So instead of kissing him all the way up to his classroom door, I waved to his excited face on the other side of the bus window with my apron strings a little looser. Good thing Dave was there to hold my hand.


2 comments:

cheryl said...

So sweet. That is so adorable that he wanted to comb his own hair. What a big boy. I bet it is feeling nice to get settled back into a routine.

malia said...

oh my goodness. he looks so big! what a sweetheart.