Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lantern Festival



We love the Mid Autumn Festival in Singapore. Its also called the Lantern Festival or the Mooncake Festival. Its a traditional Chinese harvest festival.  

 

 Chinatown gets decked out.

And there are lots of celebrations all over town. The kids do a lot at school too. Mooncake tasting and lantern making. Wearing costumes and learning Chinese legends and traditions.


One day Sybil and I went to Chinatown to buy a mooncake or two (except we buy the tiny ones because they are a lot prettier than they taste :)



Sybil gets a lot of attention where ever we go. Especially if I'm wearing her in the sling. Everyone wants to squeeze her cheeks or her toes or hold her. Can't blame them. Her cheeks are the best. I usually say 'no thanks' and get out the hand sanitizer, but this day we were feeling friendly and I wanted to snap a picture anyway.


Another day we met up with friends at the Chinese Gardens. They were decked out too. With performances and lit up lanterns. Although the boys said their favorite part was playing with the glow sticks.


I'm so glad Kristie got a couple shots.





No comments: