I love the orange trees that fill Singapore for Chinese New Year.
They tell me the Chinese word for 'orange' sounds like the Chinese word for 'gold'. So these are especially lucky and traditional for Chinese New Year.
I love that my boys need to wear Chinese clothes to school for Chinese New Year.
I love the red lanterns
and the willow branches
and the hung bao.
These are the red envelopes that are given to children with money inside for Chinese New Year.
I love going down to Chinatown with Dave
and eating at the Noodle Man's shop. He makes his noodles by hand. and the dumplings. and they are yummy. He's famous. The walls are covered with articles and pictures of him with his customers. I must get my picture with him. Its on my Singapore tourist list. But this night he was too busy.
and my absolute favorite is the shaved ice desserts! SO GOOD! This is a shop in Chinatown that was new to us. Fresh mangoes and strawberries, little bubbles of flavor. Perfect.
2 comments:
Do you think you can freeze me some of that shaved ice and bring it on the plane next time you come? :)
That is my favorite shaved ice place! I'm so glad (and jealous) you found it!
Post a Comment