Monday, October 3, 2011

Hong Kong: flower market and dim sum


We spent one morning strolling through Hong Kong's flower market and the bird market on Kowloon.  The flowers were oh so fresh and gorgeous.




The birds were gorgeous too. But I have to admit I loved the cages even more. See the sweet porcelain bowls for the bird seed? These guys are stylin'. 


For lunch we hit Maxim's Place for dim sum.  Complete with smiling old ladies pushing the carts round and round.



My favorite. Xiao long bao, super yummy dumplings with soup inside. Even better with the vinegar sauce on the side. 


 Egg tarts.


Dave was the happiest man on earth. He still says this was his favorite part of the trip. Sweet ladies who loved to hear his Cantonese 'thank you' just kept bringing him more and more food. He loved it.




2 comments:

cheryl said...

I love Hong Kong too! I enjoyed all your posts. Those bird cages and porcelain bowls really are so neat. And I can almost taste that dim sum.

Junice said...

Love to vicariously travel through your eyes! You capture the flavor of a country so well! And yes, I do think the outdoor escalators are pretty amazing! You and Dave look wonderful in Hong Kong!