Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pulau Ubin


We took a boat (yes, this boat) out to Pulau Ubin last week for a bike ride. Little Gage came along to ride in the kiddie seat on the back.



Pulau Ubin is this island just off of Singapore. And it looks nothing like Singapore. Its rustic. And full of jungle. Probably what Singapore looked like back in the day. 


We spent the day with fun friends as part of Debbie's last week. She is moving back to the States this weekend (Thanks to Jonna for the group pic).


I think I got to pay an extra dollar because my bike was "new." See, it still has the wrappings on it. 


We rode along the trails.  Gage loved when we went downhill and wanted me to go faster and faster.


 We stopped to walk long the boardwalk at the Chek Jawa wet lands.


It was a great day.

4 comments:

Ted and Leslie said...

What a fun adventure - and on a "NEW" bike nonetheless! :)

It looks like you had a great time with your friends - and I can't wait to hear about your adventures on the Great Wall of China Marathon (are you going to do it?). The cupcakes looked awesome, the origami fruit looks good enough to eat, and I want to squeeze those cute boys of yours. They are growing up so quickly and we miss seeing all of you more regularly!

Love you guys!

Leslie

jane said...

i need to take blake to do this outing!

looks like a fun way to see old-town singapore.

i love your photos too. they're so clear and crisp!

cheryl said...

Aren't those bikes hilarious? We had to pay extra too for the nice new ones. And I want to know the same as Leslie, are you doing the great wall marathon? who is going?

Gina and Jon said...

I need you here to do crazy adventures with me! I'm glad to see you made it home safely and are back in the groove of things. Miss you girl