Busy busy week. Lots of Christmas. Here's a peek at our Christmas fun....
Christmas tradition #1 We love fresh cut Christmas trees.
Christmas tradition #2 Creme Brulee with Cherice. There is one more sitting in my fridge and I'm thinking if my husband isn't home by the time I finish this post its all mine...
Christmas tradition #3 Treats treats and more treats. Kate M. taught me how to make these little guys. Perfect to make with kids. (Step 1 Place caramel hershey kisses on baking sheet. Step 2 Place round pretzel over top of kisses. Step 3 Bake at 200 for 2 min. Step 4 Squish melty kiss down with m&m. Done!)
Christmas tradition #4 Oh the advent calendar.... There's a really fun one I want to make out of burlap, twine, some red paint... but during my unambitious days I borrowed this idea from
Mrs. S. A muffin tin filled with candy and wrapped with wrapping paper. Every day until Christmas Noah gets to punch through the paper and eat a candy. Today was the first day, he says "I want to poke holes, eat the candy all gone, and then it will be Christmas!" We might need to work on this advent concept a little more.
Christmas tradition #5 More Treats! For neighbors and friends. My VTs helped me do the tags today (and my dishes).
Christmas tradition #6 24 chapters in Luke, one for every day until Christmas.
Christmas tradition #7 Play Nativity

There have been other things and there will be more things. But I'm trying not to make it about things. It's about
LOVE. Love for my friends and family. Love with my Noah. Love
of, for and
from the Savior. Do you feel it?
PS Dave is eating his creme brulee. Lucky man. He did let me have a bite though :)
7 comments:
Love it! I am grateful I have gotten experience some of your holiday fun! Fantastic creme brulee...I need the recipe!:)
Wheww...I made it. Mmmmmmm....
You guys are so cute.. I love it! I'm just beginning to create new traditions and trying to decide which ones I want. I'm a huge fan of treat #3, thanks for the recipe looks so cute and its easy! Also I didnt know you knew how to make Creme Brule.. I must learn.. its so tasty
What a sweet post! I love your traditions. Found your blog...somehow...I can't remember now. Mine is cindimartineau.blogspot.com!
Did you get the creme broule recipe from your dad? I remember one year he brought his cups and little blowtorch =)
I love how you post your traditions. I'm always up for new ideas!
what a sweet family. we got your christmas card today. i have saved up your pictures from years past in my christmas box and it is so sweet to see how you and dave have become such a sweet family.
those pretzels look delish! see you soon. love, linds
Post a Comment