Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pah-Tay!

Celebrate Jessie, because Jessie rocks! Last night we had a little get together to celebrate my lovely wife. In case you don't know, Jessiepalooza entails summer, dessert, lights, and pleasant conversations with friends. Despite my best efforts, Jessiepalooza never equates to Davefest. I love the spotlight and big crowds (and an occasional DDR match), whereas Jessie likes a relaxed evening with a few friends. So, we had some friends over, we made our first attempt at those glowing lanterns (they didn't really glow that well), I made the traditional frozen strawberry thingy for dessert, and Jessie played her splendid self, complete with birthday tiara.


Not only did I celebrate my favorite person in the world, but I also
*discovered some cool new musicians (this one's pretty relaxed and these rock [and also have a pretty cool website layout]),
*learned some really interesting things (like thinking in ten dimensions),
*got excited about all the technology out there (again! thanks Cherice...) and how it can influence our lives and social interactions (for example, check out Cherice's list of blogs and of course, note her use of del.icio.us),
*and enjoyed some great conversation (see photo...).



Such gatherings always help me appreciate my wonderful life, and inspire me to be better. Thanks everyone, it's good to have friends.

And thanks Jessie, it's good to have you.

11 comments:

Lovely Lindsay said...

so sad to have missed the celebration of jess. those lanterns are lovely and are very jessie-ish. and gage's blanket! drooling over that fabric. not to mention how fab miss j. looks having just giving birth to the wee wagner. love that dave has discovered the strokes as well. i'm still waiting from some g.love recommendations. happy night to you all. love, lin

Dave said...

ok...I'll get some songs to you...recently we procured "Lemonade" and of course love it.

Welch Mom said...

Happy Birthday Jessie! I am a July birthday as well!

Gina and Jon said...

Happy Happy B-day Jessie Head! I miss you!

Jeff said...

Jessie,

Bring Dave in close, shut your eyes, click here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QzQNDhrokis and enjoy a birthday serenade from The Jordan Family. :)

Dave said...

And I quote:
Noah: "This no is habby boogay!"
Jessie: "Wow, Dave. What a birthday charmer you are ;-D"
Dave: "Thanks, Jeff. Even better than the birthday polka."

Cherice said...

Awww, I missed all the fun outside stuff! ;-(

I laughed when I was first introduced to DaveFest--I'd never heard of such a thing before. I mean, birthday parties of course, but your own "festival?!" Funny how it has so quickly become a tradition I look forward to attending (and it just wouldn't be DaveFest without DDR!) Have you seen the 5-year-old who gets the perfect score? http://youtube.com/watch?v=76CFiVUTnTQ

Nice to know that Jessie's celebration has a name too! (It's only fair, after all!) It tickled me to see her wearing a tiara again this year. I think at heart, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. You seem to do a great job of that with Jessie. Easy to do, I'm sure, since she is as sweet and pretty and gracious as Princess Diana ever was!

On another note, I have to say that as fun as DaveFest always is, Jessiepalooza was the epitome of the perfect evening (at least for me)! You two sure know how to throw good parties . . . and you have some very interesting friends! :-)

Finally, (and not to take the spotlight off of Jessie, because it is well-deserved), you should think about starting a professional blog. Your writing, like your personality, is entertaining, and the things you write are "tight"--very well-crafted. (Given my background in editing and my current work as a professional writing consultant, I definitely have lots to compare it against!) At any rate, a blog would be a great way for you to establish a professional presence online, and I think you'd find it would position you nicely as you prepare to move articles toward publication.

Thanks again for a fantastic evening!

Okay, Jessie, I'm ready to hear from you! I can already picture a he said/she said set of paired postings here! ;-)

Cherice said...

Oh, and the pix of Jessie blowing out candles and the family pix are ADORABLE!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Jessie! I think I remember a conversation where you told me you don't like big birthday celebrations.:)Looks like you were a good sport. You deserve to be celebrated...and what a nice husband you have to do it!

-Rebecca

Ally Cat Girl said...

Fun party! The food was delicious, the music great. Jack Johnson is one of my faves! I love how you and Jesse celebrate each other's b-days. You're such a cute and fun couple!

Eean said...

Happy Birthday Jessie! (We're checking out some of your old posts... in other words, we're behind the times...)

It was good to see you Dave at Academy. Did you guys move from the apartment where you were living when I visited you?

Go Gators. Go Spartans